Sale of a residential property prices
Our costs information are set out below. For a quote relevant to your exact sale details, please click here:
Please note that there will be two elements to the costs information set out below:
- Fees charged by Pabla + Pabla Solicitors. These are charged on the basis of fixed fees; and
- Fees payable to third parties.
Please ensure that you consider both parts of the costs information.
Fees charged by Pabla + Pabla Solicitors
|Property price range||Legal fee||VAT (20%)||Total fee||Legal fee||VAT (20%)||Total fee|
|£0.00 - £149,999.99||£550.00||£110.00||£660.00||£600.00||£120.00||£720.00|
|£150,000.00 – £249,999.99||£600.00||£120.00||£720.00||£650.00||£130.00||£780.00|
|£250,000.00 - £349,999.99||£650.00||£130.00||£780.00||£650.00||£140.00||£840.00|
|£350,000.00 - £449,999.99||£700.00||£140.00||£840.00||£750.00||£150.00||£900.00|
|£450,000.00 - £549,999.99||£750.00||£150.00||£900.00||£800.00||£160.00||£960.00|
|£550,000.00 - £749,999.99||£800.00||£160.00||£960.00||£850.00||£170.00||£1,020.00|
|£750,000.00 - £999,999.99||£900.00||£180.00||£1,080.00||£950.00||£190.00||£1,140.00|
Please also add the following costs to the applicable fee listed in the table above to your sale:
Telegraphic Transfer fee – £20.00 + VAT = £24.00
Electronic ID check – £5.00 + VAT = £6.00 (per person)
Fees payable to third parties (‘Disbursements’)
|Description of Disbursement||Fee||VAT (20%)||Total|
|Land Registry Official Copies||£3.00 (per document)||£0.00||Two documents will always be required but more may be necessary depending on the title.|
|Typically only charged on Leasehold sales|
|Sale pack from management company/ Landlord||This typically ranges from £50.00 - £300.00||£60.00 - £360.00|
Work included and key stages
The precise work and stages involved in the sale of a residential property vary according to the circumstances. However, we have set out the key stages involved in a typical sale transaction:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice.
- Check the title of the property you are selling.
- Prepare documents, the contract of sale and deeds relating to your sale.
- Dealing with questions and enquiries raised by your buyer(s)’ solicitors.
- Reporting and providing information to you relating to the property you are selling.
- Exchanging contracts following any necessary negotiations on the terms.
- Approving the transfer deed from the buyer(s)’ solicitors.
- Completing your sale and accounting to you for the proceeds or receiving from you any monies required to complete the sale.
- Dealing with all post-completion matters, particularly repaying any outstanding mortgages or loans.
Our service will not include any of the following:
- Advice on the value of the property.
- A physical inspection of the property.
- Advice on any planning implications unless instructed to do so which may be subject to additional charges.
- Checks on the property to ensure that it has been built in accordance with any planning permissions granted.
- Advice on tax or other accounting matters.
Approximate/ average timescales
The average process takes between 6 – 8 weeks from the date you instruct your solicitor, however this can vary.
It can be quicker or slower depending on the parties in the chain and the efficiency of third parties involved in the sale such as the buyer’s solicitors, the solicitors representing other buyers and sellers in the chain, your buyer’s bank if they are taking out a mortgage, search providers and the relevant local authority to conduct your buyer’s local search.
Factors that could increase costs
In some circumstances we may increase our fees to account for additional time, work or skill required to meet your instructions. Examples include:
- If there is a defect in the property title which requires remedying prior to completion.
- If we are required to discharge more than one mortgage or loan on the property.
- If we are required to obtain retrospective approval to any alterations to a property or obtain an insurance indemnity policy in relation to any problem concerning the transaction.
- If there are any other complexities to your sale.
Qualifications and experience of our conveyancing solicitor
All work carried out in this department is supervised by Kiran Pabla who is a Senior Partner and Solicitor at Pabla + Pabla Solicitors.